Possessive Adjectives

A. Underline the correct words
1. Aziz took ( his, her ) sister to the library.
2. The nurse looks after ( her, our ) patients well.
3. I brush ( your, my ) teeth every morning.
4. The boys give ( our, their ) mother a present on her birthday.
5. The kitten is drinking ( my, its ) milk.
6. We are doing ( his, our ) homework quietly.
7. You have to tidy up ( my, your ) own room.
8. The hawkers are selling ( their, our ) goods by the roadside.
9. I can’t play basketball today. I hurt ( your, my ) leg.
10. These flowers are beautiful. ( Its, Their ) colour is red.

B. Fill in the blanks with the words given in the boxes
my
your
our
their
his
her
its

1. We are having ________breakfast now.
2. He puts _________ clothes in the cupboard.
3. She gave ________ grandmother a present.
4. I dropped _________pen on the floor just now.
5. Mrs Chan send ________chicken to school every morning.
6. You must not forget to do _______ homework every day.
7. The cat is licking ________ paw.
8. The children save _________ money in the bank.
9. Henry and I are reading __________ story books.
10. My mother bought a jacket for _________ brother.

C. Complete these sentences
1. Mr Tang has a van. That is _________.
2. We have eight rulers. There are ____________.
3. That is Ramu’s television. It is ___________.
4. The tigress has two cubs. Those are ____________.
5. The stamp album belongs to me. It is ________________.
6. Samantha has a red skirt. That is ______________.
7. You have a blue pen. This is ___________.
8. These caps belong to the scouts. These are ________________.
9. I have a computer. It is ___________________.
10. Those are Edwin’s toys. They are ___________________.

D. Circle the correct answers
1. The puppy is wagging ___________ tail.
A. its
B. my
C. your
D. their

2. The children are playing with __________ new toys.
A. his
B. her
C. their
D. your

3. David has a bicycle. It is _________bicycle.
A. your
B. my
C. his
D. their

4. This is Susan’s spectacles. It is ____________ spectacles.
A. my
B. its
C. her
D. your

5. You have a puppy. It is ____________ puppy.
A. our
B. your
C. their
D. his

6. Jimmy and I like ________teacher very much.
A. my
B. our
C. your
D. their

No comments:

Post a Comment