Future Tense and ‘going to’ form

A. Underline the correct answers
1. Tom ( shall, will ) draw a picture tomorrow afternoon.
2. My family ( shall, will ) meet my friends at the cinema tomorrow.
3. The scouts ( shall, will ) go to camping this weekend.
4. Mr and Mrs Chong ( shall, will ) go visit Singapore in December.
5. The dog ( shall, will ) bite you if you disturb it.
6. I ( am going, is going ) to paint my house next Saturday.
7. We ( is going, are going ) to help you tomorrow.
8. Simon ( is going, are going ) to open a new shop soon.

B. Complete these sentences in the future tense
1. The bus __________ on time tomorrow. ( arrive )
2. Our class teacher __________ us a test next Monday. ( give )
3. I think it _________ tomorrow morning. ( rain )
4. My mother ____________ a dress for me tonight. ( sew )
5. Puan Rahimah __________ dinner for us tonight. ( cook )
6. The hawker _________ delicious hotdogs next Sunday. ( sell )
7. Susan ________ to London next year. ( go )
8. The headmaster _______ to you in a few minutes. ( talk )
9. The cup __________ if you drop it on the floor. ( break )
10. My friend _________ me at the airport this evening. ( meet )

C. Complete these sentences with the ‘going to’ form
Example : I ( have ) dinner at 8 p.m. tonight.
I am going to have dinner at 8 p.m. tonight.

1. He ( write ) a book when he is free.
2. She ( tell ) you a story if you promise to be good.
3. Mrs White ( bake ) a chocolate cake for me.
4. Bobby ( return ) the book to you tomorrow night.
5. The workers ( repair ) the bridge soon.
6. The doctor ( give ) you an injection in a few minutes.
7. The children ( go ) for a swim tomorrow morning.
8. My sister ( iron ) her clothes tonight.
9. Father ( bring ) us to the museum next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment